Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Video Is Going Nuts!

Origninally posted on my space April 26th 2009


Here's some good news from my world:


First of all a Dutch guy named Sebastian Hawks ripped my video of "Jump You Fuckers" and made his own version of it, which I really like! It's been up a matter of days and has over 20,000 views! My version has over 2000 views but it's been up for weeks. Anyway, it's well done, poignant and pretty funny too. If you want to check it out, go to www.GeneBurnett.com and click on any page. The look for the "Videos link at the top. Once you're at my youtube channel, look for my "Favorites" and it's number one. Or you can try either of these two links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yge311sFhC8&feature=email

http://www.youtube.com/user/GeneBurnett

And...Butch Maier put several of my songs in his new movie, a romantic comedy called "Bride and Grooms." I'm hoping it turns out to be a good movie, but I have no idea! He just liked my music and wanted to include it. And no, I didn't get any money out of it, but if and when there's a soundtrack album, I might make a bit. I was just happy to be included. The songs are:
Nothing's Impossible Now, Renaissance Man, A Good Misunderstanding, Ten Good Days, and What I Know About Love. This is an indie film opening this week in select theaters. Here's the link to find out it and when it's playing in your area:

www.thebrideandgrooms.com

Thanks for your support!

www.geneburnett.com

2 comments:

  1. Well, here it is, a year and a half later and the JYF now has over 100,000 views! I've gotten all kinds of great feedback, subscribers, tips, emails, CD sales and download sales. Big Love to SebastianHawks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of today, October 17th, 2011, JYF has over 144,000 views. It "jumps" up every time there's more economic trouble and lately it's been going up as the "Occupy Wall Street" movement has been growing. It's still the way most people find out about my music.

    ReplyDelete