Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Focusing...


On Discontent…

Exploring your own unfulfilled ambitions is a worthy and vital thing to do, in my opinion. Discontent is a powerful alarm clock and teacher. I don't mean that if everything isn’t perfect you're living the wrong life, just that when something bugs you about your life and won't go away, I think that's something worth sorting out. I've listened to that nagging feeling that something isn't right, as well as my sense that certain choices do feel right, to lead me to what I think is the best life for me, at least for now. It’s a work in progress to be sure.

I recommend a little book called "Focusing" by Eugene Gendlin. He's organized and come up with a simple systematic way of tuning into and listening to the deeper intuitions that we all have. It might be helpful in sorting out what you have to let go of, what you don't really want, what you do really want, and the best path to as much of it as you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment