Monday, December 17, 2012

I'm Happy...


If I Can Reach One Person...

I live in a small town (20,000+ people) where I teach T'ai-Chi and play music. I don't travel. I mostly bike to my gigs which are almost all within a few miles of where I live. My shows are not rare, or even occasional, "events", they happen almost every week and are not big deals around here. I don't have much of a draw, but I do my best to improve the experience of anyone who comes to, or most often, just happens to be at, one of my shows. I'm not in it for the money or the applause, although both are nice and encourage me to continue. If I was, I would have quit a long time ago, because honestly, I don't get very much of either. I do this for love and because I have to if I want to feel like myself. I'm happy if I truly reach one person per show. Sometimes I do that, sometimes I don't. Last Friday at Paddy Brannan's Irish Pub, I played my regular First Friday show with my good friend Robbie Lindauer. A fan who wishes to remain anonymous left this for me/us at the bandshell where I teach T'ai-Chi a couple of days later. She made it out of a found hockey puck, but it warmed my heart and brought a smile. I could say it "makes it all worthwhile", but that wouldn't be true. It's already worthwhile. Robbie and I had a blast that night. But this is the cherry on the sundae. ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment